May 14, 2019
Welcome to Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for people
photographers & creative entrepreneurs.
Hosted by two leading UK portrait photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
This week we are chatting with PR expert, Lucy Werner, founder
of The Wern, a specialist communications consultancy and training
hub for entrepreneurs.
Lucy has her first book coming out in January 2020 called 'Hype Yourself: A no-nonsense DIY PR toolkit for small businesses.'
We loved meeting Lucy, and we get so many brilliant nuggets of
information from her including:
- what PR is and why it's important for your business
- if it's possible to do your own PR or do you need to hire an expert
- how to write a compelling biography about ourselves and our business
- how important is a good headshot
- what stories could photographers and small business owners approach the media with
- whether guest blogging is worthwhile
As with lots of passionate chats about business, there is a
small amount of cursing in this episode! Nothing too bad, but you
might want to stick your headphones in if you have little ears
Thank you to The Design Space for sponsoring this episode.
here for lots of free information about how to be the boss of
your own website and for 20% off all their products.
And to support from Studio Ninja - the most user-friendly studio management software on the market. Use the code 'studioninja50' at checkout to get a massive 50% off your first year's subscription.
Our Repeat Recs for this week are:
We've now confirmed the date of our 2020 event, it's Sat 18th January. It's going to be incredible! Make sure you join our mailing list to be the first to get all of the details.
We'd love to know what you think of this episode: