Jun 4, 2019
Welcome to episode 49 of Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for people photographers. Hosted by two leading UK portrait photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
This week we are chatting with UK child and family photographer & Canon ambassador, Helen Bartlett.
Helen has run her business for 15 years and we wanted to pick her brains to find out how she does this so successfully.
We talk about the following:
- Why Helen decided to only shoot black and white timeless images right from the start of her business
- Advice to photographers who are struggling to find their own style
- What equipment Helen takes on a typical family shoot
- How Helen's family shoots flow
- How Helen attracts new clients
- How in person sales works for her business
- How the photography industry has changed and predictions for the future
-Helen's advice to photographers just starting out
- Why one of Helen's clients once described her as an over-excited geography student!
Helen was a brilliant guest and we know you're going to get so much from this chat.
You can see Helen's website here
Find out more about Light Blue software here
Thank you to The Design Space for sponsoring this episode. Click here for lots of free information about how to be the boss of your own website and for 20% off all their products.
Our Repeat Rec for this week is:
We have confirmed the date of our 2020 event, Sat 18th January. It's going to be incredible. Make sure you join our mailing list to be the first to get all of the details.
We'd love to know what you think of this episode: