Sep 17, 2019
Welcome to Series 6 of Shoot Edit Chat Repeat, the podcast for
people photographers. Hosted by two leading UK portrait
photographers, Vicki Knights & Eddie Judd.
This week we are chatting with US-based child and family
photographer & educator, Sandra Coan.
Sandra has run her successful studio business for nearly 20
years, has taught on huge platforms such as Creative Live, and has
done keynote talks at international conferences.
Sandra has such a clear, distinct style, and we wanted to get
her advice about how photographers can find their style and stick
We talk about the following:
- Why Sandra decided to shoot with film and artificial
- How following what other photographers were doing at the start of her business didn't work for her
- Advice to photographers who are struggling to find their own style
- How Sandra attracts new clients and photographs around 300 families a year (without burning out)
- How the photography industry has changed and predictions for the future
Sandra was a fantastic guest and we know you're going to get so much from this chat.
You can see Sandra's education website here
And follow Sandra on Instagram here
Thank you to Folio Albums for sponsoring this episode. Use the code ‘shootedit’ to get 40% off a studio sample album.
Thank you to Shootproof online galleries
for sponsoring Repeat Recs for this series. Get 25% off your first
12 months subscription by using the code
Vicki's Repeat Rec was the free video series by the Photography
Farm on switching to Sony. You can watch it
And while you're there,
book your tickets to our talk at the Farmers Market in
Brighton, on 16th Oct, 2020 all about personal branding.
Eddie Repeat Rec is the Power book by Naomi Alderman
And don't forget to book your place at our exciting event on 18th Jan 2020. All of the details here.
We'd love to know what you think of this episode:
Make sure you sign up to our mailing list here
Eddie Judd's Lightroom presets